e Palais des Thés began life when a group of around fifty tea enthusiasts decided to create their own company. In order to guarantee the freshness and quality of their teas, they decided that they themselves would travel to the growing regions to buy their supplies.
Through their regular visits to the tea estates, our people have gained knowledge of local working conditions, farming methods and health and safety standards, and can therefore oversee these aspects.
They have also met men and women who work in the tea industry and have discovered the rich cultures that this drink inspires.
Our demanding, humanist spirit still motivates us today. Throughout the year, we travel the world looking for the best pluckings and new, rare, delicious teas.
By visiting tea estates regularly and thereby establishing long-lasting relations with our suppliers, we are continuing our mission: to bring you the best quality teas and to share our travels and experience with you, while concerning ourselves with environmental issues, working conditions on the estates and the fair trade practices to which we adhere.
With Le Palais des Thés, we invite you to discover the cultures of the world...
Our buying policy
Every year, our experts travel in about 20 countries, mostly in Asia but also in Africa and South America.
The fact that we travel so extensively, that we taste and buy on location has many advantages and allows us in particular:
* to find rare crops by looking outside the traditional supplier circuit, to taste and to share with you the harvests of small plantations, which are often hidden away.
* to guarantee regular quality control of the teas we buy and to periodically check up on the plucking methods, the way they are worked, and treated in their actual place of manufacture.
* to get to know the planters together with their way of running their plantations, requiring from them that they operate in accordance with our buying code of ethics, that is to say:
- no child or forced labour
- respect for the environment and adoption of clean farming methods
- no deforestation
- decent salaries for the workers
- compliance with health and safety regulations
* to establish lasting relationships, based on trust and friendship with our suppliers, an essential condition for the success of any business.